Benefits of swimming
Water awareness and water orientation
- Early introduction to water may prevent Aquaphobia which is more likely to develop as a child grows older.
- Safety in and around water
- Becoming acqainted with submersion may prevent fear and panic when a child falls in water, thus reducing their chances of drowning.
- Oppertunity to bond with parent / grandparent / caregiver.
- Develops self-confidence and encourages independence
- Helps to overcome seperation anxiety
- Gives your child a sense of accomplishment and achievement
- Enhances sensory stimulation in a fun filled atmosphere
- Swimming improves cardiovascular fitness
- Asthmatics benefit by the exercise in the warm, moist air in and around the pool.
- Babies relax in water and the exercise improves their appetites and they sleep better.
Speech and Language development
- Promotes listening, concentration and attention span.
- Improves ability to follow instructions
- Improves eye contact
- Improves breath control
- Group interaction develops social skills
- Nursery rhymes improve ability to sequencing skills and sound awarenes which aids your child when learning to read.
Motor and Physical development
- Babies can exercise all muscle groups in water.
- Improves and develops good muscle tone and balance.
- Improves hand / eye and the basis of bilateral co-ordination
- Encourages hands to midline, then crossing of the midline and eventually bilateral co-ordination
- Improves your child's spacial and body awareness
- Improves motor planning skills
- Improvement of swimming skills in preparation for swimming strokes
- and possibly resulting in your child winning gold in the Olympics / becoming a professional water polo player / proffesional diver / life saver …
We teach babies, from six months, toddlers and beginners from ALL ages!